TRUTH OR MYTH: SHOULD WE DRINK WATER WITH LEMON JUICE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH?
Harm and benefits of morning detox
One glass of water with lemon juice on an empty stomach - Jennifer Aniston, Beyonce, Gwyneth Paltrow and other celebrities call one of their main secrets to feeling good. Allegedly, this helps to "wash away" all the toxins absorbed the day before, as well as those that the body developed during the night. But is this type of detox suitable for everyone and what is the danger?
Useful qualities of water with lemon
This drink really contains a lot of useful substances: potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, vitamins C, A and the entire subgroup of vitamins B. Therefore, getting into the body, the drink helps to activate the performance of all internal systems:
1. Water with lemon helps to remove inflammatory processes and stimulate the digestive tract. It has a special positive effect on the work of the intestines, reducing the harmful effects of toxins and chemicals.
2. The drink has a purifying effect on the liver, the enzymes contained in water with lemon stabilize the work of internal organs and helps to purify them from pesticides and harmful components.
3. Water with lemon is a mean for weight loss. Nutritionists advise to use the drink for all those who want to correct the figure.
4. The drink helps to stabilize the immune system, providing antiviral, antipyretic and immunostimulating effects.
5. The optimal combination of magnesium and calcium in water with lemon helps to strengthen the skeletal system.
Harm and contraindications
In addition to its positive properties, water with lemon juice has "cons".
1. Water with lemon is recommended to drink through a tube, because the acidic drink can have a destructive effect on the tooth enamel.
2. With inflammatory stomach diseases, especially gastritis with high acidity, the consumption of water with lemon juice can provoke the appearance of heartburn.
3. On an empty stomach this drink should not be consumed by people suffering from gastric diseases in acute form.
4. Lemon is a strong allergenic fruit, so water with lemon can provoke the appearance of certain reactions in the body.
5. With bladder inflammation lemon drink is contraindicated.
Lemon water for weight loss
There is no universal recipe for making lemon water for weight loss. Choose any you like, since they are not much different in efficiency.
For example, in the morning, just add a slice of lemon to warm water, let it infuse a little and drink it. This drink activates the digestive system and accelerates the process of splitting fat. You can also add a spoonful of honey.
Or chop one lemon, add to warm water. This drink helps to cleanse the body of toxins, so it serves as an excellent mean of detoxification.
Use lemon drink for weight loss correctly, in order not to harm your own body instead of benefits. Therefore, at the initial stage you should drink a glass of water with half a lemon juice, and then two glasses with juice of one lemon. It is not recommended to drink more than two glasses of the drink.